MARPA has filed comments in response to the FAA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking concerning repair stations and their ratings. Although the ratings proposal was the centerpiece of this proposed rule, many of the proposals that caused the most concern were those unrelated to the ratings element of the proposal.
This is a proposed rule that could have a significant effect on the MARPA Community. Some of the regulatory proposals, for example, could inhibit PMA growth if they are fully implemented.
Issues addressed by the wide-ranging comments from MARPA included:
- Certificate Surrender
- Asset Sale
- Capabilities Lists in the Operations Specifications
- Removing Operations Specifications from the Certificate
- Capabilities Lists
- Quality Systems
- Appropriate Equipment and Tools
- Permanent Blacklisting From the Industry under § 1051(e)
- Entitlement to Certificate under § 1053(a)
- Change to Part 43 Appendix B
A complete set of the MARPA Comments can be found on the MARPA website.