Today, EASA issued an updated agenda for the 2013 EASA / FAA International Aviation Safety Conference. The Conference is the annual meeting among EASA, FAA, TCCA and other regulators to discuss new paradigms in regulatory oversight. This meeting directly impacts the aviation industry, which is the subject of this regulatory oversight!
The updated agenda provides better guidance on what to expect from the 2013 meeting.
Sessions that will be interesting to member of the PMA manufacturing community will include:
- New Technology: A Challenge for Regulators
- Safety Management and Global Harmonisation
- Safety Continuum: Regional flexibility vs Global Harmonization?
- Performance Based Oversight
- Rulemaking Cooperation: towards a Regulatory Framework Based on Safety Oversight Data
- The New Normal: Strategies for Safety Success in Fiscally Challenging Times
- Compliance Assurance
- Global Production: The New Reality
MARPA will be there and will be reporting on the new directions proposed by the regulators.